Marquette Area Blues Fest
Labor Day Weekend 2019
The Marquette Area Blues Fest has quickly become one of the most popular blues festivals in the Midwest. It takes place every year over Labor Day weekend on the shores of Lake Superior in beautiful downtown Marquette, MI. This year’s dates are Aug. 30-Sept. 1, 2019.
Besides featuring an amazing array of world-class blues musicians,the festival also offers a wide variety of food vendors, a beer tent,free workshops, a large dance floor and assorted arts and crafts booths.
This year’s sixteenth annual festival promises to be the best yet—starting with a FREE concert on Friday as our way of saying “Thank You” to all our supporters. Saturday and Sunday will be filled with our usual stellar lineup of blues, from local and regional bands to national and world-renowned acts!
2019 Marquette Area Blues Fest Lineup
Friday, August 30, 2019
6:00pm Eliza Neals
8:00pm The Jimmys
Saturday, August 31, 2019
1:00pm Eddie & the Bluesers
2:30pm The Delta Jets
4:00pm Bridget Kelly Band
6:00pm Shawn Pittman
8:00pm JP Soars’ Gypsy Blue Revue
Sunday, September 1, 2019
1:00pm Uncle Pete’s All-Star BBQ Blues Band
2:30pm Crosscut Kings
4:00pm Joyann Parker
6:00pm The Chris O’Leary Band
8:00pm Rick Estrin & the Nightcats
The Chris O’Leary Band will also be the host band at the Post-Festival Party at the Elks Lodge on Sunday night.
Special Blues Fest Room Rates Available at the Comfort Suites and the Days Inn in Marquette, MI. BOOK NOW!
Follow the links above for the hotels, punch in the dates for your Marquette Area Blues Fest stay and get the special reduced rates for the weekend!
See YOU at the sixteenth annual Marquette Area Blues Fest!!!
Mattson Lower Harbor Park- Marquette,MI
* * * * *
What folks are saying about us –
“Rain or shine it is an awesome time!” Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Love the fest! We come every year; wouldn’t miss it!” – West Olive, MI
“We will be back again! Worth the drive! It’s amazing!!” – Grand Rapids, MI
“Beautiful setting and GREAT music!!!” – Alpha, MI
“Great spot for a festival…. Worth the 14 hour drive.” – Winnipeg, Canada
* * * * *
- There is no overnight camping on-site.
- No carry-ins permitted!
- Parents are responsible for their children (up to 17 years old).
- Sorry! Absolutely no pets!
- Please keep your area clean. Dispose of all trash (including cigarette butts).
- Contact security for any questions or concerns.
- Still photos are allowed (keep flash to a minimum at night).
- No video or audio recorders. This is disrespectful to the artists.
- The lost and found will be at the MABS Headquarters Tent.
- Credit cards, cash and checks with ID accepted.
- An ATM is located near the Fest grounds.
- The Marquette Area Blues Society endorses the designated driver program. If you choose to drink, drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
- We want you to have fun, but keep in mind “Public Drunkenness” or “Public Nuisance” will not be tolerated. You may be escorted off of the site. Anyone underage caught drinking will be prosecuted.
- No illegal drugs on-site. Officials will be contacted. Anyone underage caught with illegal drugs on-site will be prosecuted.
- The Marquette Area Blues Society is not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items.
- The Marquette Area Blues Society is not responsible for personal injuries or death.
- No loitering outside the festival gates. The Marquette Area Blues Society has rented this entire park from the City of Marquette for the weekend.
- Volunteers are needed for clean up Sunday night & tear down Monday!
Gate & Security Information
Please be ready to be searched before entrance through the gate. Security will want you to take out your lawn chairs from any canvas bags, large bags and purses are discouraged. Umbrellas will need to be opened. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
Security needs to see entrance wristbands on festival goers wrists. This will help us! If your wristband is not in plain site on your wrist, you may be escorted off the grounds. So please keep your entrance wristband provided at the gate in plain sight throughout the weekend.
General Site Information
The festival will take place rain or shine. Lawn chairs and blankets are welcomed for festival seating. Seating is on a first come, first serve basis. However, please be mindful of others around you (if you have lawn chairs, do not sit down directly in front of someone on a blanket). We will have first-aid available on site — however, emergencies should be reported immediately to security.