Marquette Area Blues Fest
Labor Day Weekend – Sept. 1st-3rd 2017
Mattson Lower Harbor Park- Marquette,MI
Come to Marquette, MI for the 2017 Marquette Area Blues Fest.
A full weekend of the best in the blues in the fantastic setting on the shore of beautiful Lake Superior. We will be releasing full lineup details soon, but we can tell you some of the best international blues stars will be taking the stage this year.
We’re continuing the tradition of bringing Grammy and Blues Music Award-winning performers directly to you! Plus workshops, a wide selection of food vendors and a beer and wine tent featuring some Upper Michigan’s finest microbrews and more!
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
Friday, Sep. 1st – 5:00 pm – 9:30 pm FREE Admission
Saturday, Sep. 2nd – 12:00 pm -10:00 pm TICKETED EVENT
Sunday, Sep. 3rd – 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm TICKETED EVENT
Gates open at 5:00 pm Friday and Noon on Saturday & Sunday. All times are eastern.
All times and artists are subject to change.
* * * * *
What folks are saying about us –
“Rain or shine it is an awesome time!” Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Love the fest! We come every year; wouldn’t miss it!” – West Olive, MI
“We will be back again! Worth the drive it’s amazing!!” – , MI
“Beautiful setting & Great Music!!!” – Alpha, MI
“Great spot for a festival…. Worth the 14 hour drive.” – Winnipeg, Canada
* * * * *
$50.00 WEEKEND ADULT PASSES are available through NMU EZ Tickets
$10 Daily “Student” Tickets (23 & under) Will be available at the gate.
Children 14 and under FREE with paid adult.
- There is no overnight camping on-site.
- Parents are responsible for their children (up to 17 years old).
- Sorry! Absolutely no pets!
- Please keep your area clean. Dispose of all trash (including cigarette butts).
- Contact security for any questions or concerns.
- Still photos are allowed (keep flash to a minimum at night).
- No video or audio recorders. This is disrespectful to the artists.
- The lost and found will be at the MABS Headquarters Tent.
- Credit cards, cash and checks with ID accepted.
- An ATM is located near the Fest grounds.
- The Marquette Area Blues Society endorses the designated driver program. If you choose to drink, drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
- We want you to have fun, but keep in mind “Public Drunkenness” or “Public Nuisance” will not be tolerated. You may be escorted off of the site. Anyone underage caught drinking will be prosecuted.
- No illegal drugs on-site. Officials will be contacted. Anyone underage caught with illegal drugs on-site will be prosecuted.
- The Marquette Area Blues Society is not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items.
- The Marquette Area Blues Society is not responsible for personal injuries or death.
- No loitering outside the festival gates. The Marquette Area Blues Society has rented this entire park from the City of Marquette for the weekend.
- Volunteers are needed for clean up Sunday night & tear down Monday!
Gate & Security Information
Please be ready to be searched before entrance through the gate. Security will want you to take out your lawn chairs from any canvas bags, large bags and purses are discouraged. Umbrellas will need to be opened. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
Security needs to see entrance wristbands on festival goers wrists. This will help us! If your wristband is not in plain site on your wrist, you may be escorted off the grounds. So please keep your entrance wristband provided at the gate in plain sight throughout the weekend.
General Site Information
The festival will take place rain or shine. Lawn chairs and blankets are welcomed for festival seating. Seating is on a first come, first serve basis. However, please be mindful of others around you (if you have lawn chairs, do not sit down directly in front of someone on a blanket). We will have first-aid available on site — however, emergencies should be reported immediately to security.